BJSHS / PVEC Transition
Welcome to the
Bridgewater Junior Senior High School / Park View Education Centre
Transition Team Page!
Please send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Transition Team Co-Chairs, Lamar Eason & Mark MacLeod at: TransitionTeam@ssrsb.ca
SSRSB Transition Meeting Dates:
- Meeting Notes for October 13, 2016
- Meeting Notes for November 3, 2016
- Meeting Notes for December 1, 2016
- Meeting Notes for March 2, 2017
- April 27, 2017 – 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
Lead Transition Team Facilitators:
- Mark Macleod, Coordinator of Programs
- Lamar Eason, Coordinator of Race Relations, Cross Cultural Understanding and Human Rights
Make-up of the committee:
- One SAC member from each school (parent member)
- One teacher from each school
- One support staff (non-teacher) from each school
- Principal of each school
- Two students from each school
The Roles and Responsibilities of the Lead Transition Team is to:
- Set the students of our school board up for success within the transition;
- Align the transition for the grade 10-12 students from BJSHS to PVEC;
- Receive updates from and give considerations to the subcommittees, which report to this team;
- Report to the communities and the Superintendent;
- Ensure student voice in all appropriate areas of the transition;
- Receive and address suggestions/questions that may arise during the transition process.
Communication through the transition:
- Updates will be given to the community through a section on the SSRSB website.
- The Facilitator of the Sub Committee will take information back to this committee.
- School’s homepages will be linked with updated information on the transition process.
- Questions comment section on the Transition Tab on board and school website pages.