MONTHLY STATUS REPORTS:
2015-2016 School Year:
2014-2015 School Year:
- May / June, 2015 Status Report
- February Status Report for March Meeting 2015
- May Status Report for June Meeting 2014
South Shore SchoolsPlus, piloted in 2008 in the Chester sub-system of schools, was developed by the province to assist children, youth and families in Nova Scotia to succeed in school, as families and within the community.
The goal of South Shore SchoolsPlus is to deliver services to families in familiar, comfortable and welcoming locations – their local school. In addition, SchoolsPlus works with community groups, families and organizations, including: health, education, justice, and community services agencies.
South Shore SchoolsPlus currently run over 40 youth, community, and school-developed program. Programs respond to needs identified by youth, families and communities and are often developed by youth and their families with the support of the South Shore SchoolPlus team.
As of 2014-15 South Shore SchoolsPlus provides services to the following schools:
- Queens County sub-systems: Dr. John C. Wickwire Academy, Mill Village Consolidated School, South Queens Middle School, Liverpool Regional High School, North Queens Community School, and Greenfield Elementary School.
- New Germany sub-system: New Germany Rural High School, New Germany Elementary School, West Northfield Elementary School.
- Town of Bridgewater schools: Bridgewater Elementary School and Bridgewater Junior/Senior High School.
- Chester Sub-system: Aspotogan Elementary School, Chester District Elementary School, Chester Area Middle School, New Ross Consolidated School and Forest Heights Community School
Referrals for support from SchoolsPlus may be initiated by staff, guardians or community members.
Linda Jensen, SchoolsPlus Facilitator
Summer Day Camp!
- SchoolsPlus/RCMP Summer Day Camp Activities – July 14, 2015
- SchoolsPlus/RCMP Summer Day Camp Activities – July 21, 2015